- More natural look
- Easier to maintain and repair
- More colour options
- Can be layered to create double colours or different effects
- Slower drying time. Six to eight hours depending on the product and the weather.
- Less hardwearing
- Harder wearing, more effective sealing
- Quicker drying times
- Less need for maintenance
- Harder to repair and maintain
- Less range of colour options
- Can have a plastic look some people prefer to avoid.
- Different sheens are possible with either oils or lacquers - matt, satin or gloss. We do not advise mixing matt and satin finishes. Be warned that the gloss can be hard to keep clean and will show up every imperfection.